Thursday 9 June 2011

The unknown.

Ahh, yesterday it rained and with it came a new season. A season to love, to let go, to allow the fear that has seemed to consume me to be washed away, to be transformed into freedom.
I don’t even know where the fear came from but it’s grown so tall and strong, like a vine creeping, crawling covering my window blocking the sun and only allowing the shadows to fall upon my open hands.  Its broke my focus and caused me to see the immediate to see the things of the world and fear the things of God. A fear that caused me to desire to be accepted, to be known as someone else or something else, a fear that caused me to want to succeed. I lay broken, discarding my own self and looking to my new created self to tell me who I was.
Numbness evaded the deep crevices of my heart, as I transformed.
I’ve heard that it’s the rain that makes the grass green, that there is a property within the rain that causes the grass to become green. Yes we can water grass and flowers and it will turn green but it won’t be a green that makes the grass seem alive, that makes you want to rest and be alive in the peace that comes with the purity of life.
As rain clouds gather and the earth begins to show signs of the needs for rain, so had my heart begun to show the strains of the drought, as I had stopped up the wells of my heart and rebuilt walls that the Lord had broken down to get to me. As slowly the clouds had gathered and slowly the atmosphere had begun to be heavy with desire, rain came to save my soul.
It cascaded on my thirsty spirit.
Bringing the purity of new life.
A new season, rain season. The strength of that first rain broke down the vines that had enforced the walls that isolated my soul. Flooding, it lead me to the twirling river of the love of the Father and drowned me in the grace of God’s arms as He lifted me higher and placed my feet upon the rock that does not move, that heals and restores.
I became alive in the rain.
A love that first loved, fell upon my lips and satisfied my heart, grace kissed my dreams and desires and renewed I stood rooted to the rock of salvation and so the rain season began.
The uncharted territory.
Where the future is as fleeting as the mist upon distant mountains, and only the present moment sure of. My life seems to hang in this uncharted present, defined by my unknowns and uncertainties, the dreams and desires of His heart. Balancing, addicted to the adventure of living in moments that I feel the presence of the hand of God and looking for the things that satisfy me, I’m stuck between the fleeting and the fading. Still deciding my own fate and the future, I tend to follow the storm and the fire.
I hope that you  will join me with my God, our God, on this adventure as seasons change and lead me to new places, people and upon the road less travelled...

No comments:

Post a Comment